Search...

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

museum and sushi

The Kiran Nadar Museum of Art is the eponymous private museum of Kiran Nadar, established to showcase select works from her collection. It was housed in a random part of a shopping mall and took us almost 30 minutes to find the museum (even the information desk didn't seem to be too helpful). But the hassle was well worth it! Here are some pics I sneaked when the security guards weren't looking...


We were so happy when we finally saw this sign


Sudarshan Shetty's installation

Subodh Gupta's Line of Control. This photo does not do the work justice!

The museum outing left us a bit famished, so instead of our usual room service and watching TV routine we decided to head out for dinner. I had a necessary sushi fix at Delhi's most popular Japanese restaurant, Wasabi by Morimoto. The restaurant is located on the bottom floor of a hotel and the interior was modern and 'clubby'.

photo c/o taj hotels

Most importantly, the food was delicious!


chef's sushi selection

yellowtail jalapeno carpaccio 
 
oysters that my sister loved! the oysters are actually sitting on beds of salt.

So far my vacation in India has been almost too relaxing (if that is even possible!?). Tomorrow's plan is a morning yoga workout and spending the entire day lounging by the pool--please don't make me ever leave here!

cheesing for the iphone pre-sightseeing. #dork

7 comments:

  1. you have the best life. you look so stylish too...you should do OOTD/WIWT posts, I want to know where your dress and bag are from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You are the sweetest person I know! Maybe I will? I haven't decided about actually taking a ton of photos of myself and posting them on the internet... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you can put a black bar over your head or just take pics from the neck down if you don't want too many pics of yourself on the internet!

      Delete
    2. or you could make polyvore sets of your OOTDs 8)

      Delete
    3. I legit LOLed at the black bar comment! HAHA! I don't know why, but I thought that was too funny...

      Delete
  3. your pictures just made me even more hungry! also, is your top from j.crew? we're twins although I haven't worn mine yet.

    ReplyDelete