Search...

Thursday, August 9, 2012

my first fashion show!

Delhi Couture Week is happening now and completely randomly (and LUCKILY!) my sister and I scored a pair of tickets! The show we saw was Ashima Leena, a couture line designed by sisters Ashima and Leena Singh. This was my first fashion show ever and was an experience I will always remember.

my ticket

cheesing for the iphone in our seats
i'm sorry the pics are such bad quality! her dress was so beautiful--i'll try to find a better photo online to show you
The runway of the show, complete with a fog machine, live music and pretty chandeliers

The show started about 30-40 minutes late, which is sort of expected in India (nothing ever happens on time), but once we walked in, both of us were super surprised to see our seats were in the second row! The beginning was somewhat like a Disneyland ride with instructions to "get ready for the show," strobe lights and fake fog everywhere and then this woman comes out and begins singing. Someone said her name was Zila Khan and she sang throughout the entire show. I'm sort of surprised she had the energy to sing for that long!

The fashion show took place in a hotel and post-show we decided to get food in a hotel restaurant. I guess the models were given free dinner in that particular restaurant, because almost all of them walked in and ate there. My sister and I spent too much time stealthily trying to see what the models ate (which primarily consisted of kiwi, cheese, and a random/tiny piece of chocolate or cake) and people watching all the show attendees who were dressed to the nines.

Such a random and interesting experience!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was..the clothes were absolutely stunning!

      Delete
  2. woah that's really cool :O and the invitation is beautiful hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the invitation was so pretty in real life! It is sort of shimmery...

      Delete
  3. That's so cool!It looks like it was an amazing fashion show!Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, love yours!
    Kisses.

    http://blogdavicm.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fashion shows! I helped in my College Fashion show and it really is a great experience!
    sewthecity.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first show, I hope it's the first of many more that you get to attend! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is very sweet of you to say! :)

      Delete